The NT branch celebrated the premier event of its calendar at the Darwin Convention Centre, the 2014 CCFNT Trainee and Apprentice Awards, our Business Development Award and of course the prestigious Earth Awards for Excellence in Civil Construction.
The evening was complemented by the presence of the National President, Tony Baulderstone, the NT Minister Transport and Infrastructure, the Hon Peter Chandler, and CEOs and representatives from the NT Departments of Business, Transport and Infrastructure – and of course around 230 of the Territory’s civil contractors, suppliers to our industry sector and their families and guests.
Part of making it all happen is the sponsors that generously participate in supporting the evening’s varied activities:
- OAMPS Insurance Brokers, the prime sponsor for the Earth Awards nationally and in all states and territories;
- The Northern Territory Government in the guise of the Department of Infrastructure and Department of Business – sponsoring Trainee Award and Earth Award categories and the Business Development presentation;
- Top End Safety Solutions for Categories 1 & 2 of the Earth Awards, launching their new business venture;
- Halkitis Brothers Group for the pre-dinner function; and
- Registered Training Providers Earthworks Training and Assessment Services (ETAS), Industry Solutions Australia (ISA) and for the first year – from Timor Leste – Industry Safety Assessment and Training (ISAT).
The 2014 function lived up to the standards we’ve come to expect in celebrating our industry’s achievements in the NT over the past year and ensuring that an appropriate dose of humour is injected into proceedings along the way.
And the Award Winners were:
Category 1 & 2 Sponsored by Top End Safety Solutions
Category 1 was won by Gilbert Mining Group for their Crocodile Gold Rehabilitation Project.
Category 2 was fiercely contested and resulted in Aldebaran Contracting winning with their Rising Main Mataranka Bore Field Project. Advance Civil Engineering received a high recommendation for their Cullen Bay Pontoon Project.
Category 3 was won by Halkitis Brothers Group for their New Quarry and Trommel Construction Project at Mt Bundy Quarry.
Category 4 winner was the John Holland Territoria Civil(JHTC)JV for the Laydown contract at Ichthys LNG Project at Bladin Point.
Category 5 was also awarded to JHTC JV for the Site development Civil Works Package at the Ichthys LNG Project at Bladin Point.
This project went on to take out the National Award in Adelaide.
The sponsor for Categories 3,4 & 5 was the Department of Infrastructure.