From 1 July 2016 fuel tax credit rates are changing.
New fuel tax credit rates
From 1 July 2016, fuel tax credit rates will change for:
- fuel used in heavy vehicles travelling on public roads that use taxable fuel such as diesel or petrol. This is due to a change in the road user charge (RUC) which is reviewed annually.
- biodiesel and fuel ethanol manufactured in Australia, as excise duty rates will take effect for biofuels.
Fuel tax credit rates are indexed twice a year, in February and August, in line with the consumer price index (CPI)
View the new fuel tax credit rates on our website at: Rates – business
Simplified fuel tax credits
We have tools available to help your members calculate their fuel tax credit claims and work out which of their business activities are eligible. These include:
- Fuel tax credit calculator
- Fuel tax credit eligibility tool
- Simplified ways to calculate fuel tax credit claims for businesses that claim less than $10,000 in fuel tax credits each year
What we ask you to do
We encourage you to inform your members of these fuel tax credit rate changes and to remind members that fuel tax credit rates will change again on 1 August 2016 in line with the CPI.